Thursday, October 15, 2009

A message from Heaven

OK, this is fair warning.. This blog not meant to be funny. It is just me putting into words the feelings I am having today. So, bear with me. Some of you out there may be able to relate. :)

I have been thinking of my dad today. Tonight my family and I went to my mom's for "family night" and my mom brought up something that made me start to think about him. I think about him often during this time of year. It usually starts as the anniversary of his death approaches in September and continues until after the holidays. It is not as bad as it was the first year after he passed, but I have my days and today was one of them. I miss him so deeply. He knows how much I loved him and still do. Since his passing there have been so many questions that have crossed my mind. For example, did he know that I was with him as often as I was?, Was he upset when I left his bedside to allow him some time for peace and quiet?, and Does he know that I love him and regret not spending more time with him? Well, on a somewhat happier note, I think I got some answers today.

Though it came from an unlikely source it has provided some peace. My mom has several people she works with and she is close to one of the ladies. This lady came to her, some time this week, and told her that she wanted to talk to her about a dream she had. My mom of course allowed her to. In the dream my father was in the hospital room and we were all gathered around him crying. Among some of the people was this friend of my mother's (In real life she was not present most likely). Anyway, she said that my dad was trying to talk but none of us could hear or understand him, except for her. He knew this somehow, so he started telling her things to tell us. He was saying that he was very proud of all of his children, that he loved all of us, and that he could not understand why we were all upset. He informed her that he was in heaven now, he was happy, and that he was not in any pain anymore. He also told her to tell us not to cry because we will see him again one day.

I truly believe that this dream was given to this friend of my mother's as a message to us from my father. I think that it is strange how God works sometimes!! It is always so wonderful to see his hands move in people's lives. He knew that my dad's family needed this and provided it in a way that we would be receptive to. I said this was an unlikely source because this friend of my mother's had not been particularly close to my father in his life. However, God, and maybe my dad, knew that the message would get to the needed people through her. This provides comfort for me in some way because it does let me know that he is "okay." To know that he loves me is nice too.:) I guess it also lets me know that he knew we were all there for him during that time. Although I will still miss him greatly, I know without a shadow of a doubt that he is happy, healthy, pain free, and awaiting the time when we will see him again. I will get to hug him again one day! This is the beauty of "the good news" we all have though salvation. I hope that everyone reading this blog knows this truth. God loves us all so much that he sent Jesus, his son, to die for our sins! For those who believe, this is the good news! We are not kept from Heaven because of our sins, that slate is wiped clean when we give our whole heart to God! Once we accept Jesus into our hearts it is like all of that is washed away!! So, I am going to sleep tonight with a GREAT comfort in knowing that my daddy (God and my earthly father) are waiting on me and will greet me with open arms when I see them one day!!

I love you daddy, thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment