Monday, December 27, 2010

Another Christmas passes!

Well, once more another Christmas flies by! It seems like there is so much build up leading to Christmas and then in the blink of an eye it is over.. I must say that this year was a little more stressful to me than in years passed. I really wanted to make this year special to my little ones. :) I LOVE the magic of Christmas and Santa! This year mommy went to extra lengths to make Santa "real" for the kiddos. I must say, it was SO MUCH fun to see the excitement in my girls' eyes! We had an elf visit us to make sure each day that the kids were behaving, Santa sent each child a "nice list" certificate, and Santa even kept in touch via texting! ;)

On Christmas eve my husband and I also kept an eye on Santa's location! Let me tell you, I have NEVER had such and EASY time getting my kids to go to bed. My oldest was asking me when it would be time to go to sleep at 6:30pm!! After they finally got tucked in at 9:00pm, I didn't even hear a peep!! Man, Santa has some MAJOR pull!! What about mommy?! LOL :D

Well, besides Santa being a big focus, I made sure to talk with the girls about the REAL reason we have Christmas. :) After all, the most important person to be thankful for is Jesus Christ!! :) We had fun on Christmas morning telling Jesus "Happy Birthday!"

Now that I am a mommy myself, I realize how precious life is. :) It is sad, but during the holidays I feel like I take more notice to how blessed I am. As I watched my kids opening their gifts and squealing with excitement, my mind drifted for a moment, and I thought "wow, I truly am SO BLESSED!"

No comments:

Post a Comment